A family homestead since the beginning, the historic Valley Park Ranch is not only a show place for the ranch enthusiast, packed with history of the area, it is also a fully operational ranch able to provide high volumes of quality forage for grazing cattle throughout the year. Constructed at the turn of the 20th century and upgraded through four generations of the family members, this ranch is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of Texas Panhandle history. The ranch is located on Wolf Creek which provides an abundance of live water for livestock from natural springs and running water, as well as a wealth of wildlife including deer, antelope, quail and pheasant.
The historic barn, constructed in the late 1800’s in operational use today, has been the home of the first post office and hardware supply store in the region for the Valley Park community. The residence consisting of 5,000 sq ft began construction in 1905 and was completed in 1912 providing and updated home with a beautiful view of Wolf Creek.
This property consists of native pasture land along historic Wolf Creek river in the Northeastern Texas Panhandle. Located 16 miles South of Booker, Texas; 26 miles Southeast of Perryton Texas; and 16 miles Northwest of Canadian, Texas, it provides a fantastic ranch headquarters with cattle handling facilities.
More History: The Texas panhandle Wolf Creek, which runs next to the home and improvements, is home of the Buried City, which has been historically noted as the “most densely settled archeological areas of the Southern Plains”. https://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/villagers/buriedcity/index.html Today owners of lands nearby the creek continue to find artefacts dating back thousands of years.